CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Kind Of Boring...

When I started this blog I thought this would be a great way to let everyone know what is going on in my life. Turns out I am not that interesting. Lately I have been trying to stay warm, avoid the violent flu that is going a round, encourage my 15 month old that walking is a good thing and she will like it, convince Hayden that homework is not stupid (isn't kindergarten a little early to have such strong feelings about homework?), and pick my top 4 places that I would be interested moving to in 16 months when we are done! Whew, and all that does not include the laundry, paying bills, cleaning up a mess in every room in my house, making dinner and trying to keep playdates straight!!!
The most stressful of all the things right now is trying to actually pick where we could potentially call home for the rest of our lives, and that just scares me to death! David's top 4 are Dallas, Oklahoma City, and the surrounding areas of LA, and San Fran. Any thoughts on these places? My 4 vary a little from his. Some where in Colorado, Northern Nevada, maybe Arizona and maybe Northern California. So I would say we have our work cut out for us. I must say that after living on the east coast for almost 7 years now I am finding it hard to leave the 4 seasons that we enjoy here. I have fallen in love with the falls of New England. I know it sounds silly but it is so beautiful and there is so much to do and see. I want my kids to experience Snow, and enjoy the wonders of a fall day picking pumpkins and apples , I love the beach and smell of the ocean in the summer and lazy spring days. Now, it's not like that all the time but it has it's moments here. So I am finding myself kind of lost as to what to do. What I really want is to have a house built next to my mom and all would be great!
Wishful thinking on my part, I know. I feel this blog has officially become a therapy session for me, so for all you deep thinkers out there, any insight to this situation would be lovely!
Other than that, all is well. I will continue to keep you updated on this nail bitting decision
Until next time..........

Leah

5 comments:

eldredgered said...

well texas and oklahoma would probably give you an awesome house compared to california. i think california is overated, push for colorado!

The Hart Family said...

It sounds like you have your work cut out for you and some big decisions to make....One of the things that we have been looking at is where we would be able to get out moneys worth as far as houses and land. California is high on the list as far as cost of living goes! If I had to choose out of the places you had listed, I would choose either Arizona or Texas! But that is just my opinion and now I have rambled on way too long....sorry!

Jenny said...

Hmmm, we'll be asking ourselves that question in a few months too (hopefully out of here next summer too). Northern CA is beautiful but SO expensive. I'm not sure what the cost of living in Colorado is like....but there is tons to do there (at least outdoors) so that is a bonus. I guess it just depends what sort of things are important you. Good luck!

Jolene said...

Just pick up a dart and throw it at a map. Remember the one we used to have in the Hartford Place apartment. With all the little dots marking the US temples. And how we were going to end up near one. Just goes to show things work out, just not how you imagined. I loved the looking at the different places. Enjoy the fact that you are starting so early. That's a good thing. I remember Andrea telling me that when they went down to interview in Olean, she just knew it was where they were supposed to be. I feel the same way about Indiana. Never imagined this particular spot, but as life has settled, it has been what I imagined. So my only advice about where is to worry less and just enjoy the process. You'll know when you know and it will be wonderful. Hard to believe you are at this point already.
Jolene

Dick&Erica said...

Only 16 more months?! Wow, the end is in sight. I grew up in Antioch, CA (about 30 mins from San Fran). It was okay. Pretty much anywhere you live in CA, you are a 30 min drive from whatever climate you want...beach, mountains, desert, forest. There weren't a ton of LDS kids in my high school, so that kind of stunk. And it was super expensive to live there. My parents hated raising us there, Antioch in particular. They thought the schools were horrible. But it is beautiful and there's so much culture and fun stuff to do there.
And AZ is great because it's warm (if you can stand the summers) and there are more LDS people there. The housing market is going down, so you can probably get a good deal on a house. The bad thing is that it's SO crowded! It's concrete everywhere you look. Your kids definitely won't have the "seasons" experience.
I also lived in SoCal until high school. I thought it was great. Again, it's expensive and there are earthquakes and smog and traffic. And it seems like pretty much everyone I would have gone to high school with turned out to be gay. Coincidence? Who knows?